Yesterday, January 21, was Drew's 25th birthday! Today, as I still see all the cards and gifts he received from our family and friends, I know he had a good day. I have to admit that it was a complete 180 from last year. At this time a year ago, I was a new hire with the firm so I was at the mercy of my seniors and managers. When they went home, I went home. On Drew's birthday last year, I didn't get back to Conway until 11:30!!! That left 30 minutes until Drew's birthday was officially over. It made me sad to know that he had to spend his special day by himself. This year, I am more trusted by my co-workers and able to be a bit more flexible with my schedule.
Drew and I met for dinner at Bonefish grill in LR and had an AMAZING time. You know those dates where you are enjoying a glass of wine, good food, and the conversation is just amazing the entire time? That was the kind of evening we had. Plus, Bonefish has awesome food (I suggest the Bang Bang Shrimp) and the service is always great. After dinner, we went into Fresh Market which is in the same shopping area as the restaurant. This is another place we really like to go because the food and flowers there are always fresh. We looked around, picked up a few things, and headed back to Conway. As soon as we got home, the mini party began! I brought all of Drew's presents down and placed them on the table along with a few packages and letters he had received in the mail. I also ordered a German chocolate cake from Community Bakery. It was a complete surprise! Drew had no idea about the cake. So with everything set out, I place the candles on the cake...and YES...I sang 'Happy Birthday' in the most silly voice I could come up with. For some reason it ended up being a mix of a churchy soprano singer and a low and deep man's voice haha!
The evening ended with Larissa and Chris stopping by for cake, which was amazing by the way. Not as good as my mom's German chocolate cake she makes from scratch, but very delicious! The day was a success! Drew is very much a giver so it made me feel good to be able to do something for him. Drew, I love you very much and I want to once again wish you a...
HAPPY 25th BIRTHDAY!!!

I LOVE Bone Fish Grill, Bang Bang shrimp is my favorite too!! :)
ReplyDeleteOMG, I could have just eaten that for dinner!
ReplyDelete