By the time we got to LR, the roads were completely covered with ice!
We had a great time with the family Friday night and had an even better time in Hot Springs Saturday and Sunday. We decided to stay at the Arlington which is definitly our hotel of choice when we go down to Hot Springs. We enjoyed a really nice dinner at the Porterhouse Steak House downtown Saturday evening and had a great time celebrating our one year of marriage. Drew and I take marriage very seriously and we are proud of the things we have accomplished in just a year. Although the weekend wasn't as initially planned, we made it special and a weekend we will not forget. I want to keep the details of our anniversary between Drew and I but I did want to share some of the things we brought with us to remind us of our wedding day.
We brought a few of our matchbooks which we had on the tables at the reception.



I guess my mom thought we were not going to remember what was in this box in our freezer so this is what she wrote. Notice that she misspelled 'until'! I am actually glad she did this because at least 2 or 3 times I would ask myself what was in this box.


When we got home Sunday, I finally got to put our cake in something a bit more elegant as opposed to the box we had it wrapped up in. Here it is though. It actually looked and tasted really good considering it has been in the freezer for a year!

Thank you to all of our family and friends who remembered us on our anniversary! I actually was not expecting to get anything in the mail, but Drew and I were very suprised at how thoughtful some of our family and friends were with cards, calls, and texts. Thanks! We love ya'll.

Sunday evening I was going through some wedding stuff and noticed 2 bags, yes bags, full of wedding cards! My highschool friend Jennifer had posted on her blog about making memory rings that are made up of cards! So, I decided to make one with our wedding cards. I ran out of ribbon so I may have to add some more, but here it is. I should have counted the cards to see how many we actually got. The crazy thing is that this doesn't include all the stuff we got in the mail that comes with the big receipt with a message typed on it. Anyway, here it is...
Drew and I had a very loving and easy first year of marriage. We are happy to be in a good relationship and look forward to what the future holds for the two of us. We will definitly hold on and enjoy the ride. Year number 2, here we come!


Congratulations and Happy Anniversary! Gary and I celebrated our 40th !!!! on January 24. It has been a great ride for us as well. I wanted to let you know that we are forming an Arkansas Bloggers group. I would love for you to link up with that. The link to the information and Mister Linky is on my blog. It's a no obligation deal. The badge is posted on my blog if you are interested in posting that on yours. Help us spread the word.
ReplyDelete