After getting back into the swing of things after being off work for 10 days, I am now ready to blog! Tuesday was my first day back at work since our fantastic week long vacation in Texas. The main reason for the trip was my dad's retirement party in San Antonio that his lovely children threw him :) That will have to be an entire new post. We planned the party for this past Saturday night so me, Larissa, and Drew headed down a week early to visit family and site see. I was really excited about the trip because Texas is such a big part of my childhood. It is where I was born, where a large part of my family lives, and where I spent much of my summer breaks growing up. It felt good to show Drew that part of who I am. Plus, Drew needed to know that Texas is much more than Dallas, so we drove the 10 hours to Kerrville where my grandparents live. It was really great because my brother John and his wife Tammy came in town early as well. We also spent time in San Antonio, Spring Branch, and Fredericksburg. The best way I know how to share our vacation is through pictures, so here is part 1 of our vacation in pictures.
Stonehenge II
Just down from where my grandparents live is a replica of Stonehenge in England. My granddad loaded us all in his truck and took us out there. Not the same as seeing the real thing, I am sure, but pretty cool, nonetheless.

Luckenbach, Texas
Every time John and Tammy are down visiting Grannie and Granddad, they always go to Luckenbach. I had never even heard of this place they call Luckenbach, but now that I have been, I will definitely have to go back. There is nothing to it, the town literally has a dance hall, post office, and a little stage area. The history of this place is what makes it so cool. It has managed to stay this itty bitty town that musicians come to relax and play their music. It is where Willie Nelson and Waylon Jennings played for years and years. There is even a song written by Waylon Jennings, "Luckenbach, Texas" that became a bit country hit. It also become our theme song for the trip. It was so funny when the 8 of us went out after Dad's party Saturday night and requested this song at the place we were hanging out. When the song came on, everyone busted out in song. It was so much fun!!! Anyway, Luckenbach was really cool. We looked around a bit, grabbed a beer, and listened to some good music.


Visiting Gramm and Granddad
Wednesday was a busy day. After having a big breakfast at Grannie and Granddaddy's, we headed to San Antonio to visit with my other grandparents. We like to call them Gramm and Granddad :) We went to their house which is actually the same house my mom grew up in.

Happy Hour :)
We had intended on going to get Chris from the airport at 4, but since his flight was delayed, we decided on a happy hour at Cheesecake Factory to pass the time :)

Dave and Busters
After we picked up Chris, we headed to Dave and Busters and OMG was it fun! None of us had ever been so we had been looking forward to checking it out. It is basically like a grown up Chucky Cheese. We had a blast!
After we picked up Chris, we headed to Dave and Busters and OMG was it fun! None of us had ever been so we had been looking forward to checking it out. It is basically like a grown up Chucky Cheese. We had a blast!
Of course, the first thing the guys wanted to do were the basketball hoops.
Extreme Hunter anyone!?!





No comments:
Post a Comment