The Simmons family had quite a Christmas surprise when Drew's sister, Stevee, had the first grandchild for Drew's parents. Eli wasn't expected to arrive until the beginning of January. I even joked with Stevee at Christmas dinner asking her to go ahead and have Eli while Drew and I were in town. We both laughed knowing that would most likely not be the case.
The next morning, Drew and his dad were going hunting so they were up super early. Now, Scott is a hunting fanatic, but he had decided to stay at home and sleep in. He actually mentioned several times how excited he was to just be at home all day and get some rest. He probably never expected to be up at 2:00 in the morning getting Stevee ready to go to the hospital! Drew gave me one call at 5 a.m. to let me know that Stevee was in the hospital but they expected the baby to come later in the afternoon so they were going to go ahead and hunt...boys! So I decided to go back to sleep but almost couldn't stand the excitement. As soon as I FINALLY fell back asleep, I got another call from Drew at 8 a.m asking if I was ready! My first thought was, 'NO, I AM NOT READY! You told me to go back to bed!' Drew explained that Scott had just called and the baby was coming faster than they had expected. Being in eastern Arkansas, the hospital Stevee and Scott had chosen was about a 30 minute drive so I jumped out of bed and threw some clothes on. We made it to the hospital and about 30 minutes later "It was time!" Not 20 minutes after that Eli was here! Everyone was so excited and cheerful!
Scott made it out with the newest addition to the Pryor family!



I could already tell Scott was a very proud dad to an absolutely perfect baby boy! For those of you who want the stats, here they are:
Eli Simmons Pryor
Born December 26, 2009
6 lbs. 6 oz.
19 inches
Stevee and Scott got lots of visitors that day from family and friends. When Papaw made it up to the hospital he was truly amazed at his great grandson. I will never forget him looking into the nursery window at Eli pumping those legs around and looking all wide eyed. He looked at me and said, "He is a miracle!" It was just so sweet.
After Drew and I decided to head home and take Papaw back, the nurses brought Eli in. I missed it! I missed my chance to love all over him :( Sunday morning it was my goal for the day to hold that baby boy! Drew and I headed to the hospital that morning with his parents. When we were walking in I leaned over to Drew's mom and whispered, "First one in gets to hold Eli first." We both looked at each other, smiled, and did the speed walking thing through the sliding glass doors and down the hall. Drew's dad finally caught on and started pushing us out of the way to get in the elevator first. It was so funny and became a joke among the 3 of us. When we got to Stevee's room Eli was there in bed with her! I was so excited! When Drew's mom told me to go ahead and hold him first I tried to shrug it off and act like it wasn't a big deal, but inside I wanted to rush over there and scoop him up!
I finally got my chance and my heart just melted! I love him already! Here I am... Aunt Dawn.


Uncle Drew got his turn next!


Drew and I are so very excited for Stevee and Scott. Eli is so beautiful and I know they are going to be such great parents. Drew and I are also very excited to be a first time aunt and uncle!

No comments:
Post a Comment