I think Drew and I definitely made the most of the weekend. It was a very hectic weekend, but so great because Drew and I were together! I know that sounds cheesy, but I have been working really late for the past several weeks and had to work all weekend last weekend, so to have the opportunity to spend the entire weekend together is so nice. Plus, we had lots of Christmasy things to do, which I love.
Last week, I started to panic a bit because Drew and I had done zero Christmas shopping and since we have to mail my family's gifts to Texas, we needed to get going FAST! So Friday night, Drew met me up in LR and we did some speed shopping haha. We actually had a very successful few hours. We also ate at Genghis Grill for dinner. It is my new favorite place to eat. You go through this buffet style line with your bowl and basically make your own stir fry. So you put all the meat, veggies, spices, and sauces together and they they stir fry it up haha. If you are ever in LR, I would definitely suggest this place for dinner.
Saturday morning, we headed to Helena for Stevee's baby shower. It was at this beautiful old restored home in town. There shower was a success! Lots of people were able to come and Stevee got everything you could imagine. Here are a few pics from the shower.





After the shower, I helped Stevee get everything put up in the nursery. We met the rest of the family and a few other family friends for dinner at this new Mexican restaurant in town...so good! Drew and I headed back to Conway after dinner since we had another busy day on Sunday.
After church and lunch Sunday, Drew and I headed out to finish up most of our Christmas shopping. We had another successful day. Since our out of town gifts need to be sent out in a few days, I had to get wrapping! Here is my mess on the floor.

Here are some of my finished products!
While I was busy wrapping (and watching some CSI NY!), Drew was also busy...making duck tail fudge! Here are some pictures I snapped. Drew is serious about his cooking haha! His face is funny to me.

My favorite Christmas decoration this year is my BIG bow for the front door. I bought it at Holiday House in LR...I know ya'll are surprised I didn't make it myself haha.
I am SO excited about the holiday season! MERRY CHRISTMAS!



No comments:
Post a Comment