Monday, May 24, 2010

A Few Days in Dallas

As we speak, I am having some Dawn time watching the Bachelorette and enjoying a glass of wine... IN DALLAS! I am actually here for work for a few days and just got back from dinner a little while ago with Sarah, another associate from the LR office. I ended up taking advantage of the free flight down and flew in Saturday morning to come see one of my best friends from college, Abby. We had a full weekend, that's for sure. Saturday, after Abby picked me up from the airport, we went and ate some lunch, laid out by her pool, and went to Taste of Addison (very similar to Riverfest) that night with some of her work friends. Abby's dad is the city manager for Richardson so we got to sit in the VIP area. What does this mean??? Free tickets, a place to sit right near the stage, and free drinks. Needless to say, Abby's dad hooked us up! Sunday, Abby and I spent most of our time sleeping!!! I am kind of embarrassed to say that we slept til 1:30! Once we finally got moving around, we hit up the Allen outlet mall for a mini shopping spree and ended the weekend with dinner before Abby took me to my hotel. When I come to Dallas for work, I usually stay downtown near the office so I can just walk that way in the morning. Work today went good and fast which was nice. One more day and I am headed back home. As much as I LOVED seeing Abby and work has been good the past few days, I am definitely ready to head back tomorrow. I am excited because I know my wonderful husband is going to be waiting for me at the airport!
Ok, so I have to get back to Ali on the Bachelorette :)

No comments:

Post a Comment