This is my second year to volunteer to be a Junior Achievement teacher. Basically, the program gets volunteers from different companies around the area to teach a six week program centered around teaching business concepts. I don't know to much about the education requirements so don't quote me but business and economy is not a required teaching requirement so the Junior Achievement program allows students the opportunity to learn about different areas of business depending on their grade. This is my second year to teach 5th grade and they are the best grade to teach in my opinion. They are mature enough to be well behaved and old enough to want to participate. The program is set up where I go teach for an hour or so once a week for six weeks. I usually teach about the concepts for that week for about 15 minutes and then they do an interactive activity for the remainder of the class. This year, I taught about how helpful advertisements can be, the different business formations (sole proprietorship, partnership, corporation, etc.), resources, how to build a resume, how to calculate profit, the global economy...you know, that kind of businessy stuff :) I had such a wonderful time! Drew thinks I should change careers in like 5 years and be a teacher because I always get so excited to prepare for the weeks class and go teach. This past Tuesday was my last class at Forest Park Elementary in LR :( My kids were so so good this year and I was sad to have to go. I did have them sign our Junior Achievement banner so I could take it with me. Here are a few pictures I took over the past few weeks.

Of course the boys are too cool for school!!! (and a picture haha)

These next 2 pictures are from my last class on Tuesday. OMG, I miss them all already!


That is awesome! What a great program and I'm sure the kids learned a lot from you!
ReplyDelete