Saturday, October 3, 2009
My Wreck :(
So you know those weeks that are just awful and everything seems to be going wrong? I definitely had one of those this week. Among other things that happened this week, I woke up Wednesday morning, late as usual, got ready and headed to work. I was going over the river bridge in Little Rock where traffic at 8:30 on a weekday is bumper to bumper, but still moving at about 30 miles-per-hour. I am minding my own business just trying to get to work on time and the car in front of me abruptly stopped causing me to try and go from 30 mpr to zero in just a few seconds. I slammed on my breaks (new by the way. I had just gotten new break pads put in my car the week before) and just missed the car in front of me by about an inch. While I was trying to avoid the car in front of me, the car behind me couldn't stop in time and slammed into my rear left side causing me to spin around in the lane to my right. I remember screaming out loud in my car because I felt like I was going to tip over when I was spinning. Stunned, because I had never been in a wreck before, I made my way to the shoulder and rushed out to make sure the people in the other car were ok. Everyone was fine. My car actually did not have much damage, but the mustang behind me was crushed in the front and had to be towed. The officer that worked the accident was really nice and informed us that it is Arkansas law that for every 10 mpr you drive, you should allow one car worth of space between you and the driver ahead. I had no idea that was the rule, but I have thought about it a lot this week...probably because NO ONE follows the rule! Anyway, I am glad everyone involved was safe and glad to have Drew to take care of all the insurance details!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I'm glad you're okay Dawn! And I think that's a rule in Kansas too, but like you said, nobody follows it!
ReplyDelete