Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thanksgiving Weekend

So I know it is almost a week late, but if you knew the week I have had, you would understand. Anyway...on to Thanksgiving, which I have always enjoyed. There is just something about the relaxed atmosphere and being around family that makes me happy. This year was quite different since I didn't actually spend it with 'my' family. Drew and I made the trip to Helena on Wednesday evening. We were both pretty pumped about getting off at 3 on that day, however, it seemed that every other person in Little Rock also got off at 3! After FINALLY making it home and packing, we got to Drew's parent's house around 8. Thanksgiving day was also a bit different for Drew and his family. Ordinarily, the family (Drew's parents, his sister Stevee and her husband Scott, Drew's uncle David and his wife Lisa and their two girls) would all go to Mamaw and Papaw's house around 1 or 2. Unfortunately, Mamaw and Papaw were sick and with Stevee being 8 months pregnant, no one thought it would be a good idea for her to be over there. So this year, Drew of course went hunting with several of his good friends that morning. That afternoon Drew and I hesitantly made it over to Mamaw and Papaws to visit for a bit and then headed back to Drew's parents for dinner. Thanksgiving was very relaxed and everyone enjoyed the company.
Now if we were at my house, my mom would have already dragged out the tripod for a few pictures. I guess I have some of that in me, because I couldn't help but snap a few before dinner.








Stevee would probably kill me if she knew I posted this picture just because it was the end of the day and she didn't think she looked very good, BUT I think she is absolutely beautiful and I can't wait to meet Eli!



Friday evening, the entire family went to see The Blind Side and it was SO good! Probably one of the better movies I have seen in a while. What made the movie even more awesome was that I just found out about a week ago that the mom and daughter in the movie are Kappa Deltas! My KD magazine I get in the mail had this big article on how Sandra Bullock followed the family around on several occasions to study the mom's characteristics. The article mentioned that Sandra Bullock had even taken voice lessons to get the accent just right. The coolest thing was the banner the KD chapter at Ole' Miss hung to show their support for Michael Oher when he made the NFL. The banner was featured in the credits of the movie. I couldn't find a picture on the Internet but it said, 'KDs love #74.' I know I am a dork, I just get excited about stuff like this!
Drew and I headed back to Conway on Saturday morning so that I could study for my big test on Sunday. It was probably a good thing we headed back early because I had to nurse a sick husband for a couple days. So that is pretty much the wrap up of the holiday weekend. I had a great time with Drew's family over the holiday's but missed mine at the same time. I guess the holiday thing will get easier...maybe :)

No comments:

Post a Comment