Saturday, October 22, 2011

From the Beginning...

I know it has been forever since I have blogged last but so much has been going on the last month that it has been hard to take a time-out and write a post. I think this is as good a time as any to just start from the beginning, and by the beginning, I mean exactly one month ago.


September 22, 2011


This was a VERY monumental day for me because on my way to work at approximately 8:06 in the morning I found out that I passed the LAST part of the CPA exam! Yes, you read it right!!! I can not put into words all of the emotions I felt at that moment. This has been a nearly 2 year journey and I am very proud to say that I have successfully completed the exam while working a full time job that is at times very demanding. So you can imagine how I felt when I saw a score of 79 on my phone screen (passing score is 75). My emotions went from feeling overjoyed, to sick to my stomach, to like I could break down and cry! After I found out that I had passed, I immediately called Drew. When he picked up, all I said was, "I passed!" Drew was so excited and relieved as he knew how many restless night I had had leading up to finding out about my score. I then called my parents who were still sleeping so I am not sure they even understood the conversation haha!


Since it was first thing in the morning when I found out I had passed, I felt this almost instant stress released off my sholders so it definitely made working that day extremely difficult. I am pretty sure I spent the first two hours of the day texting friends and sending out emails letting everyone know about my good news. Of course this couldn't have been an easy 8-5 day at work. Around 1:00 that afternoon I had to go up to Fayetteville with some co-workers for a 'Meet the Firms' recruiting event at the Walton College of Business. I think it ended up being a 9 hour trip total! After FINALLY getting home around 10:00 that evening, Drew and I still made time to celebrated with some champagne before bed.


My sweet husband also managed to secretly put together a surprise lunch for me on Sunday afternoon at one of my favorite Greek restaurants, Tiziki's. I thought we were just meeting Drew's parents for a quick bite to eat as they were passing through town but I was surprised to see both my family and Drew's family there to celebrate me passing the exam. It was so thoughtful of everyone and really meant a lot to me to have their support through this journey.


Here are a few pictures from that Sunday afternoon:


My sister had these cupcakes made :)



Group picture!




Thanks again to my entire family for all of your support!

1 comment: