My friend Abby called me out on FB about me not blogging in forever, so this one is just for Abby :)
Several weeks back, Drew and I headed to Shreveport for our friends Chris and Rebekah's wedding. I know I have mentioned this before but we really do love going to weddings because we get to hang out with a lot of our college friends. This wedding was particularly fun because Drew wasn't tied up the entire weekend with groomsman duties so we got to spend a lot of time with Trey and Liz. If you remember, we went to their wedding in Chicago at the end of June. O, PLUS, we got to stay in a casino and do a little gambling. I have never been to a casino so it was definitely an experience!
Here are a few of the guys at the wedding (the groom is standing next to Drew):

Y'all like my dress in this next picture?? In my last post I had the same dress on but I could get away with it - different group of people + same dress = no problem :)

Now I am going to fast forward a couple weeks to last Thursday. I am not sure if I have mentioned this or not but Larissa is a nanny for a family of doctors in LR. The oldest two kids are back in school so Larissa gets to spend most of her days with Sam -- THE CUTEST KID IN THE WORLD! Really! I just want to take him home ever time I see him! Ok, now I am distracted - o yes, I got to meet them for lunch and snapped this quick picture. Sam wasn't wanting to open his eyes or smile so Larissa had to give him a little tickle. No open eyes, but look at that smile!!!

This past weekend, Drew and I got to spend a lot of time together which I love! Friday night we went to LR and ate at this new restaurant called Big Orange Burger. It is located in the promenade and is basically a gourmet burger/salad place. The wait was a little long and you could tell they were still working out the kinks, but the food was great! I managed to talk Drew into a quick picture before we left.

Saturday was of course the FIRST RAZORBACK GAME!!! We have been so excited for football season to start and all the social-ness that comes along with it! We had originally planned on going to Larissa's to celebrate Chris' birthday but her cable provider didn't offer the game so we had to move the party to our house.
Had to replace our 2010 family 'callin the Hogs' pic with a new one -

On Sunday, my parents had everyone over to hang out, play some yard games, and eat dinner. Luckily Drew and I had gone over to swim the day before because Sunday was a little bit chilly! We had a nice time just relaxing, especially knowing we could sleep in on Monday.



On Sunday, my parents had everyone over to hang out, play some yard games, and eat dinner. Luckily Drew and I had gone over to swim the day before because Sunday was a little bit chilly! We had a nice time just relaxing, especially knowing we could sleep in on Monday.

Monday was one of those days where you are laying in bed after it is all over and you think to yourself, wow what a long day (in a good way). Drew and I spent the morning together and actually got to use our patio furniture without sweating to death! Monday afternoon, my mom helped me make my first curtain! Ok, I haven't sewn anything since home ec in Junior High. Those of you from Benton remember making pillows and scrunchies!?! Yes scrunchies!
Anyway, my mom was so helpful and what I thought would be a rough kitchen curtain, actually turned out really really good - and professional looking I must say :)

Wow, that was a long post, but now I feel caught up. Abby - I hope you enjoyed!



No comments:
Post a Comment