Sunday, March 13, 2011

3 Month Catch Up

It has been ages since I blogged but it's that time of year where I have very limited free time. The good news is I have about 4 weeks left in busy season, then things should settle down a lot. I did want to give kind of a quick 3 month recap since we have been doing some fun and exciting things. So here it goes...
In December, one of my VERY best friends, Abby, got married -- finally :) I am really bad about taking pictures at things like this just because weddings seem to be like college reunions. I did snap a few pictures of Abby dancing with one of her brothers and one of her husband Shane about to take off her garter. I am just such a fan of this couple!





In late December, Drew and I bought our first home and in early January, we moved in!





Drew and I went from a small 900 sq. ft. town house to a 2,300 sq. ft. home that we will be able to grow into. You can imagine how much shopping I have been doing the last few months :) A couple weeks after moving in, we got two rounds of snow.


Drew and I have spent a lot of time getting the house just right which has involved getting the popcorn ceilings scrapped before we moved in (something I am glad we had done but will never do again). We also had to buy all new appliances, do a LOT of touch-ups, pick out new furniture (the miss matched and hand-me-down furniture had a good run but had to go), and O, we had to deal with the red and purple paint choices of the last owners.
Which color looks best???



Needless to say, we did lots of this:
(and yes - we switched out the gold light fixture haha)


I turned 26 and had a very nice and relaxing birthday with my family. I slept in, Drew made me breakfast, we went to Oaklawn with my family, had dinner and of course, cake. I didn't take many pictures, but I just like this one Larissa took of Drew and I resting our feet at the races.


We also made a trip to the ER last Friday evening. When I left work on Saturday, I gave Drew a call only to find out that he was driving himself to the emergency room. He sounded out of breath and shaky but managed to tell me he had been doing yard work and cutting down limbs got hit in the eye. When I got to the room where Drew was, I found him just about in tears, covering his eye, and a bloody shirt. The optometrist said he was very lucky because one of the three cuts in his eye was extremely close to the center (not sure the official name) and he should only have blurred vision for about a week.
Drew does have quite a medicine routine. The doctor even gave us a schedule to keep him on track haha.

Besides the meds, Drew can't do anything to raise his blood pressure for about 5 days in order to keep his eye from beginning to bleed again. He also has to sleep at an incline to keep the blood in his eye from staining the white part. Other than that, he is doing really well - much much better today. O, P.S. Drew WILL be wearing eye goggles next time he does yard work!
Ok, there it is - the last 3 months in a nut shell!

No comments:

Post a Comment