Well, I survived my first week of work and when I say survived, I mean it! Let me paint the picture...Thanksgiving evening, I started getting a little nasally but didn't really feel bad. Even when I got up at 4:15a.m. to hit up Sears' Black Friday sale for some new appliances, I felt ok, however; when I woke up around 11 after a long nap :) I wasn't feeling so hot. O well, I thought. I never really get 'knock you down sick.' But I was wrong wrong wrong. Between Friday and Sunday, I bought so many different types of medicine trying to get better before I STARTED MY NEW JOB ON MONDAY!!! Nothing seemed to work! Monday, I woke up for my first day and I have to admit that if it wasn't my first day, I would have been staying at home. So on top of being sick with what I wold later find out was a sinus infection, it was pouring rain, and there were two wrecks going into LR which made traffic awful going into LR. I finally had to call the office and let them know I was going to be about 20 minutes late (what a way to make a good first impression, right?!?) Luckily, everyone was super nice about me running a little late AND I wasn't the only one sick so that made me feel a little better. Despite a potentially bad situation turning out ok, I did have to run to the doctor that afternoon to figure out why I was feeling so crummy. So, let's recap -- On my first day at work, I ran late, was sick and a little out of it all day, and had to leave for an hour to go to the doctor. O geeze, what a crazy day! When I got home that evening, all I wanted to do was take my medicine which included some medicine to help me sleep and go to bed!
All in all, the week went pretty well considering being sick. I have a feeling next week will go a bit more smoothly! O, I also wanted to throw in the fact that I didn't work past 5:30 this week! Ahh, feels nice to work with people who actually want to go home in the evening. Once a get more acquainted with my new firm, I think I am really going to enjoy it!
All in all, the week went pretty well considering being sick. I have a feeling next week will go a bit more smoothly! O, I also wanted to throw in the fact that I didn't work past 5:30 this week! Ahh, feels nice to work with people who actually want to go home in the evening. Once a get more acquainted with my new firm, I think I am really going to enjoy it!

No comments:
Post a Comment