Sunday, August 1, 2010

Revisiting Great Memories

I know this is SO overdue, but I really wanted to post about my dad's retirement party back in June. As you know from past posts, we all made a vacation trip down to San Antonio earlier this summer. Although everyones time line for the trip was a little different, we all were there for the party hosted by none other than my dad's awesome children...me, Larissa, Jake, and John :) Larissa was in charge of invitations which we got to work on together. Being a numbers person, I am not very creative, but with both of our heads together we put together a pretty cute invitation.



The party was at Iron Cactus on the Riverwalk. We had a little more than 30 of our family and my Dad's closest friends at the party. I have to admit, being the anxious person I am, I was a little nervous something wouldn't be just right, but the party was perfect and everyone had such a wonderful time. Something I found really cool, was seeing my dad with all his best friends. Some he met when he started working and some he has known since he was just a little kid. Here is Dad meeting the guests.



Here is my dad when he first started with JCPenney as a manager trainee! He is the middle guy in the back. If you notice, Jake looks just like my dad at that age.


Here are some more pictures from the party. This next one is with some of the Ewings.

Here is me and Larissa with our cousin's kynleigh rose and kyle.


me, John, and his wife Tammy. O and John and I are drinking the best drink in the world, its called a Texas Tea and is basically a long island ice tea but made with tequila. So good! Not sure if restaurants here in Arkansas will make me a Texas tea haha.


Here is my Dad's family: me, Drew, Tammy, my mom and dad, Jake and his girlfriend Callie, Larissa, and John.


Here are a few other pictures of my dad opening some gifts.


You know a party is a success when the guests don't want to leave! I was so glad that my dad had such a good time and after 37 years of working he deserved a big party! After things settled down a bit, us 'kids' left the adults for some after-partying on the Riverwalk. I know it may be hard to believe, but the adults I think may have stayed out later than we did.

The guys...

The girls... (and the poster girl in the back haha)


Us kids are so happy for my dad. Retiring is such a huge accomplishment and we are all so proud of him. We love you dad!

1 comment:

  1. You are such a good daughter! Looks like an awesome party!

    ReplyDelete