Sunday, April 11, 2010

Anniversary Weekend #2

So I know our first wedding anniversary was at the end of January, but we FINALLY took the trip Drew had planned to Big Cedar Lodge. The weekend of our anniversary, it decided to snow and ice here and the weather was even worse in Missouri, which is where we were headed. I was so afraid they wouldn't let us reschedule, but due to the bad weather, they gave us 3 months to reschedule. After waiting over 2 months, we decided to take last Friday off work and head out and celebrate one year (and 2 months) of marriage :)

Check in wasn't until 3:00 so we headed to Branson which is just a little north of the resort. We couldn't be that close to Branson and not hit up the Ralph Lauren and Banana Republic outlets! After a small shopping spree, we headed to Big Cedar and O MY GOSH...What an absolutely beautiful place!!! We spent most of Friday afternoon walking all through the property just checking everything out. It was such a pretty day and awesome scenery!






Did I mention there were turtles EVERYWHERE!?!


Big Cedar has different places to stay depending on what you are looking for. You can stay in the many lodges they have, a cottage (which is what we stayed in), or cabins that range in sizes. Our place was so cute and very cozy! When Drew made the reservations, he was intrigued with the fireplace. In January, we would have put it to good use, but it was in the high 70's while we were there so the fireplace was definitely NOT being used. Maybe next time, which I hope is soon! Here are some pics from our little home for the weekend.


Of course Drew can't help but be silly!


A little smooch!


Drew and I did so much fun stuff while we were there! We went canoeing which I had never done before, swam (thank goodness for heated pools), and went bike riding at Dogwood Canyon which is down the road from Big Cedar. Here are some pics from our bike ride which was a lot of fun!


Umm, my rented bike may or may not have had a basket on the front :)

If you look close, you can see the fish in the water.

We rode our bikes all the way to the Arkansas state line! Drew is being so ridiculous in this picture!


After all that activity, we had to eat good! Big Cedar has several restaurants on the property so we had some really great dinners. We were also surprised with gingerbread cookies they would leave after turning down the sheets for us at night. I think the coolest thing was the card and cake they had in our room when we got there to congratulate us on our anniversary! I thought that was really sweet!

We had the best time and even though it was a couple months after our anniversary, it made for a fun weekend and a time to just relax and be together. I know there have been so many pictures, but here is one more of us at dinner one night.


No comments:

Post a Comment