Saturday, September 12, 2009

A little bit about us

I guess I'll start with me. Although I am a true Razorback fan, my roots are in Texas. I was born in Baytown, Tx in 1985. My family and I moved around about every 4 years for my dad's job, but once my sister and I got older my parents wanted us to have a little bit more stability. We ended up in Benton, AR when I was going into 7th grade. Since I made all of my long term friends here and really grew up here, I consider Benton my hometown.

While my family was moving about, Drew was growing up in Helena, AR. Drew was also born in 1985 and grew up doing every activity under the sun. Drew's mom wanted him to discover his true passions in life so she let him experience everything he wanted to and a few things he probably wasn't so thrilled about. Drew is probably one of the most talented people I know. It is actually one of the things I love about him. He played football and baseball, he can draw really well, he plays the guitar, and anyone who knows him well, knows he has some pretty good dance moves!
Our paths would finally cross the summer of 2005, when we were both attending the University of Arkansas. I will have to save the story about how we met for another post. Like I said above, we are true Razorback fans! Here are a few pics from our many many trips to the stadium.





After graduating the University of Arkansas in 2007, Drew and I came back about a year later and found our names on the campus sidewalk. While other schools copy this tradition, it was the UofA that began adding each graduates name on the sidewalk. Drew and I snapped a few pictures the day we found our names!


Here I am, Dawn Laurice Ewing:



Here is Drew. I forgot to mention earlier that Drew is a Junior. I will have to explain where the name Drew came from later, but Drew is really William Douglas Simmons, Jr.






So Drew is begging me to get off the computer and come to bed, so I will finish the "About Us" series in another post :)











No comments:

Post a Comment