Ok, so part II of our intro to us and the blog. Where did I leave off? O yes... after graduation, Drew moved to Little Rock to work and I moved to Conway to start graduate school at UCA. So now to the good part! On June 3, 2009 (a Tuesday) I get a call from Drew to see if I wanted to meet him for dinner after work. I had no idea that when we got home he would have an engagement ring in my box of dessert! Of course that is the short version without any details, but it was a true surprise and a very happy day! What makes the story so great is after being married several months, Drew finally told me that he had originally planned a big weekend where he was going to propose but when he got the ring in early, he said that he just couldn't wait that long. When he told me that, I just melted!












So of course after getting engaged, life must go on. I couldn't stay on cloud nine forever. In December 2009, I graduated with my Masters of Accountancy.

After graduation, I got a job with PricewaterhouseCoopers. PwC is what is referred to as a Big 4 accounting firm which basically means I work for one of the top 4 accounting firms in the world! I feel like I have the right to brag after going through grad school and working like I do. Anyway, I started work on January 5, 2009 and like a crazy person in the middle of busy season (working 60+ hours a week), Drew and I got married on January 31, 2009. I will have to do a wedding post, but here are a few pictures.




Drew and I went to Playa del Carmen for our honeymoon...best week of my life!





So as of today, Drew and I have been married for about 7 1/2 months. We live in Conway and we have to admit, the town has grown on us. Even though I work in Little Rock, we decided on Conway because Drew works for the Department of Agriculture and his office is in Morrilton. Conway is somewhat the middle although I would argue that I have traffic to contend to. So last but not least, I can't go without mentioning the other family member...Lucy! She is our cat, well originally Drew's but again that is for another post. Here is our little Lucy.



No comments:
Post a Comment